Carrot Cake is one of my favorite desserts. For the past few birthdays of mine, I have made myself a double layer grain free carrot cake with a rich cream cheese frosting. This year, I didn’t feel like making a whole cake but I desperately wanted that taste. After a few different attempts at the perfect recipe, I got it. These cookies are cake-like, moist, easy and taste just like my carrot cake! I hope you love them as much as I do!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Yield: 12-14 cookies
Baking time 12-15 minutes
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 package of cream cheese (or a dairy free cream cheese alternative)
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flakes , cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the egg, oil, agave and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just incorporated.
- Fold in the carrots, raisins and walnuts until combined.
- Drop tablespoons of cookie dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Mold each tablespoon into a circle/disc shape, that is slightly flattened on top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until tops of the cookies start to golden. Remove and let cool for about 10 minutes (cookies will be soft upon removing from oven but will firm up as they cool)
- As the cookies cool, prepare the cream cheese frosting by mixing together all frosting ingredients with an electric hand mixer until smooth and well combined – 3-5 minutes.
- Spread the frosting on the tops of each cookie once cooled.
- Store cookies in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Enjoy this amazing carrot cake in the form of a cookie!